Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Boo to You!

Howdy!  I'm back today with a Halloween layout.  I love Halloween layouts, but sometimes they can be so daunting if your stash looks anything like mine!  I have tons of Halloween collections that I have purchased over the years.  I decided that I needed to focus on one collection for this layout, and that collection is the October 31st collection by Doodlebug.  One of the reasons I chose this collection is because I had an idea in mind before I started my layout.  The 6 x 6 paper pad for this collection was perfect for my idea!  I wanted to create a frame around the edge of my layout using small pieces of patterned paper.  Since the patterns are scaled down in the 6 x 6 pad, it was perfect for doing this.  Here is a picture of my layout so you can see what I mean.


I started out with a spider web cut file that I purchased from Kerri Bradford Studio.  I sized it so that it was around 11 x 11 or so.  Then, I glued down the web to a white cardstock background.  After that, I just started piecing papers from the 6 x 6 pad around the edge.  I did not measure the pieces.  I just picked what looked good to my eye.  To create the Mickey ears for my title, I found an image online and then traced and cut it on my Cameo.  The "Boo" is a cut file from JustNick Studio.  The rest of my title was done using Doodlebug alpha stickers.  I added some sticker embellishments and a flair button from A Flair for Buttons.  I did not go crazy embellishing since my page had all of those patterns around the edge.  I wanted to make sure that my photos would still be the focus of my layout.  And, that's where I called it finished!!

I also have a process video for this layout if you would like to watch.




Well, thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a happy scrappy week!!
[Share to Pinterest]

1 comment: