Saturday, October 24, 2015

Family

Howdy!  This time of the year always brings back such warm memories of when I was a child.  I loved living close to my extended family members because I would usually get to see them for Thanksgiving.  I feel so lucky that we got to spend that time together.

My daughters do not have any cousins, so the holidays are a little bit different for them.  They still get to see family, but it's not exactly like it was for me growing up.  That being said, my oldest daughter has always referred to my cousins' kids as her cousins.  We always just went with it since there really was no harm in her thinking that they were her cousins!!  Back in 2010, we got a picture of most of the "cousins".  I found the picture the other day and decided to scrapbook about how she calls them her "cousins".


For this layout, I used the "Fall Friends" collection by Doodlebug.  It is filled with such adorable little critters!  Here is a close up picture of the top left side of my layout.  I used two of the little critters and made it look like they were holding the family banner.


In this next close up picture, you can see the embellishment cluster that I created on the bottom right side of my layout.  The leaves were cut out of some of the patterned papers on my Silhouette Cameo using a cut file that I purchased from The Cut Shoppe.  I used those as the base for my cluster and then added some stickers, Sprinkles Shapes, and the year using some of the Teensy Type stickers.


In this last close up picture, you can see where I put my journaling.  I didn't want to put the journaling directly on the layout, so I made a tag out of the orange wood grain paper.  I stamped the lines on the tag using an older Technique Tuesday stamp.  I added a twine bow and then stuck it in the little pocket that I created behind the photo.


And, that's where I call her finished!  If you'd like to watch my process video for this layout, you can click below.



Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a happy scrappy day!
[Share to Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment