Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Splash!

Hey there! Today, I am sharing a layout that really makes me happy!! I created this one back in August, but am just now sharing it here. I love the bright colors in this layout! Summer is around for most of the year here in Florida, so I have so much summer paper (It's a good thing I absolutely love summer paper)!! I decided that this picture paired perfectly with products from Doodlebug and Pebbles (because, yes, I have both of those summer collections!!). I did not film a process video for this one, so I thought I would share my layout here with some close up pictures. Here is a picture of the full layout.


I used a cut file from The Cut Shoppe for the large sun, the waves, and the title. I cut the sun out of white cardstock and then misted it with Dylusions mist. The other pieces were cut out of patterned paper. I also did an internal offset on the waves and the title and used a sketch pen first in my Cameo so that they would stand out more on the page. I have really been giving my Cameo some serious love lately!



This picture gives you a good close up of the sun and the little embellishment cluster that I added to the top right corner of the picture.  Like I mentioned, I used Dylusions mists to spray the sun.  I first used a yellow mist and then let it dry.  I went back and sprayed just a little bit of orange to warm it up some.  All of the stickers are from the Doodlebug Sunkissed collection.  I just made them into little banners and put them along the right side of the picture for more interest (there was also a woman in the background of the picture and this was an excellent way to cover her).  The sunglasses are from the Pebbles Fun in the Sun collection and the flair button is one that I purchased from Two Peas in a Bucket a few years ago.


And, here is a close up of my title.  I love how fun it feels!  It was the perfect title for this silly picture of my daughter dipping her head in the fountain.

I must say that I am really pleased with how this layout turned out.  I am focusing on what makes me happy in life, and bright colors just happen to be one of those things!!!  Well, thanks for looking and I will be back soon with another layout that I finished last week (which also has a process video).  Have a happy scrappy day!
[Share to Pinterest]

4 comments:

  1. So Cute! Love the title and love the silly photo of your beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the big bold elements on this - very fun page!

    ReplyDelete