Monday, February 23, 2015

You Color My Life Beautiful

Today, I would like to share another layout that I created using mostly Bella Blvd. The title on my layout is what got my brain ticking! I got that cut file from the lovely Wilna Furstenberg. I had been hoarding the Lucky Starz collection for a while now, and I am so glad that I did! It went perfectly with my title. The colors were pretty much in rainbow order for me already. So, I decided to punch a bunch of strips with my small scallop border punch. Once I had them punched and ready to go, I adhered them to a large heart that I cut out with my cameo. I did some wonky sewing around the large heart. I then re-sized the same heart and cut out two from vellum so that I could fill them with sequins and sew them together. I stapled the sequin filled heart to my layout and then added a Bella Blvd crochet heart. I fluffed up the scallops on the big heart and then adhered the picture and the title. I matted my picture on vellum and one of the papers from the Daily Chevies collection to make it stand out with all that color. I did not embellish much since there was already so much color on the layout. I did not want it to feel busy. I added my journaling and a little enamel heart. And, that's where I called it finished! Here's a picture of the layout.



And, here's two detailed pictures.





I really love how colorful this layout is! There could not have been a better paper collection!

I am looking forward to getting my hands on some of the new Bella Blvd collections, especially Color Chaos!! Oh, and the new bows and the enamel dots and doodads!! It looks like so much fun!

Well, that's all for today. Have a happy scrappy day, and I'll be back soon to share a layout that I'm currently working on!
[Share to Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment